Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Walk


This is the book I am reading.  I love to read.  I don't take the time everyday, but when I do, I forget to cook, or get dressed, or do the daily things I should do.

But this book is short.  It has chapters.  The chapters make it easy to stop when you should stop and get something accomplished for the day.

I have been reading at night time, when I get in bed, when the house is quiet, when I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open.  I read a few chapters, go to sleep, and repeat the following night.

But today, I am going to make myself a Diet Coke with ice in a very tall glass.  I am going to sit in my favorite chair.  I am going to read all morning and finish this book.  I am loving it, and I want to finish it.

It pulls at my heart strings.  It makes me think about my life.  It makes me take notice of each little everyday thing that I am so grateful for.  I makes me miss my darling husband so much my heart hurts.  He is my life.  He is my ticket to the Celestial Kingdom.  I can't get there without him.  I love him more than words can say.  He is my best friend.  He is my everything.  And I ache to be with him again.  Everyday.  To feel him next to me when I fall asleep. To see his eyes.  To hear his voice.  To know he is near.  Just to be able to reach out and touch him.  I miss being held by him.  To have his arms around me.  To kiss him.

I guess I will go read now.  Since my heartaches for my darling. 

Reading helps me get lost in time.  And I need the time to go by faster right now.  I need my darling husband to be with me.  I am not myself when I am without him.

Read "The Walk".  It is good.

2 comments:

  1. oh mom :( You make my heart break. I'm praying for you both to be back together again soon. Just one more week and at least you can enjoy some perfect September Idaho weather together. :-) Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally NOT reading this book. If it made you miss Dad this much then my lamo single heart can't deal with it....I'm gonna need me some blood and guts from Hunger Games haha

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.