Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Casserole Dish

When I was a little girl my mom had a really cool greenish/turquoise casserole dish.  I loved it.

I remember looking at the feet of the dish and thinking it was the neatest thing I had ever seen.  Regular casserole dishes didn't have feet like that and I had never seen one like it anyplace before.

When my mom and dad retired they moved to a different house, and got rid of some of the "old stuff".  That old casserole dish was one of the things that had to find a new home.  And you know me...... I am a sucker to take in an orphan of sorts and give it a "new home".

I have had the casserole dish for years and years.  I have had it on a top shelf in my kitchen for as long as I can remember.  I have never used it!  How could I?  It is priceless and I couldn't risk having one of my off spring  break it.  It was irreplaceable.  Maybe the only one like it in the world. So, it collected dust on a top shelf.

As I was packing my "extra things" getting ready for our move I came across the casserole dish.  I stared at it.  The feet, they hadn't changed a bit.  The darling handle on the lid was still just right for my fingers.  I held it.  I caressed it.  I drooled at the color of it.

That color!  I love that color!

It was an inspiration to me.  It looks so modern.  So hip. So.... "right out of a magazine"!

It is an inspiration for me. 

My studio will have this color.


This is it!

What color would you call it?

Take a guess....
Is it green..
turquoise..?

Well, I am going to take this dish to the big box store, where they can put it under the little device and match the color.  Yep... I am.  Then I will have paint this color.

The little sewing machine table this is sitting on is bright yellow. I inherited this very old sewing machine from my Aunt Erma when she died.  It is a black 1950 Singer.  It is so cool. It does straight stitches and zigzag stitches.  Nothing else.  Nothing fancy.   Aunt Erma sewed thousands of miles on this sewing machine. ( I will take it's picture some day.)  The sewing machine is in a nice wooden cabinet which my Aunt painted bright Yellow many years ago.  The bright yellow just doesn't do it for me, so I am going to paint the cabinet.  What color do you think I will paint it? 

Nope,......... because I don't know what color I am going to paint it....but it will look great with this darling casserole dish on it!!!!!  It has to be a color to "show off"  color of the dish.  To make it shine!

I have a few pieces that I want to have this color.  I want my studio the "happiest place on earth" with this color.  Maybe picture frames...a cork board frame... maybe some lace, or ribbon here or there to match...the possibilities are endless. 

Hummm, I am going to think a while on this one.... got any ideas for me?  Please feel free to tell me.




All I know is this little casserole dish, which I cherish is going to be very special to me for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.