Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday

I taught Relief Society today.
It was on a Conference talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf entitled "Continue in Patience".
I was the one who learned the most.

When we teach we learn first....then we practice what we learn....then we teach.

I got to practice Patience "again" this week.

Will this construction ever be done?

I am glad I got to practice what I was teaching.
I am glad I got to read the conference talk again, and again and again....till I felt it.

Patience is waiting..and waiting is hard.  Just ask any 4 year old, or 14 year old, or 44 year old.
Patience is practicing over and over.
Patience requires working towards worthwhile goals.
Patience requires faith.
Patience is a fruit of the spirit.
The Lord blesses us for our patience.

Hope you have had a wonderful Sunday.
I did.
We got rain today.
Cooler temps.

Yes.  I had a wonderful Sunday.
And ended it with Rhubarb and Strawberry Crisp.

Here is the recipe.  Enjoy.

RHUBARB STRAWBERRY CRISP


4 c. rhubarb pieces (about 1 lb.)

2 c. sliced strawberries

1 c. sugar

1 1/3 c. flour, divided

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 c. brown sugar

1 c. old fashioned rolled oats

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 c. butter, melted & cooled



Optional: ½ cup Walnuts in the topping…



In large bowl combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, 1/3 cup flour and cinnamon. Transfer to greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.

In another bowl combine remaining 1 cup flour with brown sugar, oats and nutmeg. Add butter and blend well to create the strudel. Sprinkle strudel over rhubarb mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

Serve with ice cream, or whipped cream....I prefer the ice cream.

A wonderful summer dessert.

Thanks to my niece Keersten who shared her rhubarb with me, and also a rhubarb start for my garden.
Just imagine what I will make a year from now!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm really REALLY glad (not) that you didn't post a pic of the Rhubarb Crisp. I don't think I could handle the temptation. :-) I wonder how well rhubarb crisp ships..... hhhmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keersten you are awesome!!!!!! That crisp has been HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RHUBARB!!!! Oh, and fresh from a garden!!! I won't even buy it from a store. It is not the same. At all. Can we have rhubarb when I'm there next week??? PAHLEEEEZZZEEEE!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.