Monday, October 4, 2010

Reading others.....

Let's face it.  We all have something in common.  It is contagious.  It is nationwide, and world wide.

We like to "read" other people. 

We watch the actions of others while we sit at the airport.
We stare at others as they stand in the grocery line.
While eating at restaurants we watch others.

As we watch them we try and figure them out.  We watch the hand movements, the eye movements, the way they throw their head from side to side.

By watching others we are entertained.

We "read" people.  And we think we have all the answers of who they are, or we realize, that person is not from this planet.  

I am a people reader.  I get great entertainment from sitting in Barnes and Noble with a magazine in front of my face, to hide my face, so I can watch other people.  The entire time I am doing this I wonder if someone is watching me watch someone else.  Am I the only person in the world who "reads" people?

Where do you like to "read" people?

Are you wondering where I am going with this?  Well, I am going to tell you.

This past weekend I spent a few hours in front of my TV.  I have not watched TV much since our move.  But this weekend was a special weekend.  The first weekend of October I have the same behavior, I sit in front of the TV and watch the LDS Conference.  Nothing is more important to me on this weekend than that.

I love hearing the words of our prophet and apostles.  As they share their message with all of us, I realize how much our Heavenly Father loves us.  He has given us prophets and apostles, just like days of Noah and Abraham, we have a prophet today.  And through listening to the words of those chosen men we hear the word of God. 

This time I  had a thought...."God is reading us".  He watches us when we think no one else is watching.  When we are sitting in Barnes and Noble, or in the grocery store line, or in our cars, or whenever, He is watching us.  He knows our righteous desires, our hope and dreams, and He wants to help us succeed. 

God also knows our short comings and He wants to help us with those problems as well.  He knows our struggles, our temptations.   He can "read" us better than anyone else.  And we are never alone, He is always with us.

So, for today, I am going to try and remember someone is "reading" me.  I am going to try and be a better person.  I am going to be more aware of what I am doing with my time and my talents.  I am going to more engaged doing things that matter.  Today, I going to try and be a better person.

That is my thought for today.

Sorry, no pictures....just my open and honest heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.