Thursday, October 21, 2010

Breast Pump vs. Dog Chew Toys

Have you ever heard of a Medela Breast Pump?
In my humble opionion they are the best on the market. 
That is what my middle daughter thinks, too.

This is what they look like, kinda. 
It is a magic machine.  It does what babies do.  It collects breast milk.
Then it can be stored in the fridge or freezer to be used later.  Perferably by a grandmother who is baby sitting.

This breast pump is awesome.
They didn't make these when I was feeding my babies. 
I suffered with some caveman suction thing that nearly tore my breast off.  (sorry. TMI)

But, now days the new mommy has every convience. 

Well, I bet you are wondering where I am going with this.....

I have some dogs................. Yeah.  I knew you would figure it out as soon as I said that.

Yesterday, my daughter pumped.  We need a beverage supply for the baby.  I am babysitting Friday night and I need to be able to give the baby a drink.  So, my daughter has been pumping.

But, my daughter also works.  She works from home, or where ever she is.  And now she is at my home.  So, sometimes she can't just get up and do things, because she is on her computer and on the phone.  All day.  And sometimes into the night. 

So, yesterday, she pumped.  She took care of the beverage, but not the beverage making machine.  That was a big mistake.  She left it on the floor, next to her chair where she works.  She was busy.  She has a lot on her mind.  I was busy.  Her sister was busy.  And the dogs .....were bored.

The "chew toys" were discovered missing as we were getting ready for bed.  The first thing I thought of was, "Oh, Crap".  When things are missing at my house, they are usually never in the same condition.  I knew what the outcome of this was going to be.  And it was bed time.  Time I shouldn't be worrying about stuff.  It is the time of the day I should be relaxed and sleepy.

It was dark outside.  Very dark, and very cold.  I was barefoot.  I was in my nightgown.  But I am a brave independant woman, so I tiptoed outside and walked on the freezing grass.  Dang, there were the two cup things that attach to the mommy.  They were missing parts, were dented, had teeth marks...yep, the dogs had been chewing on them.  That is not good news to get at bedtime.! Because then I start to worry and can't sleep.

The youngest daughter went shopping and bought parts and pieces of the wonderful Medela Breast Pump.  Now we are back in business. {Well, I shouldn't say "we", rather "they".....}
Today, my dogs are not allowed in the office where she is working.

Today, I am going to be taking a nap.  With no worries....  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.