Saturday, November 20, 2010

Magnets

When my middle child was here visiting me right before Halloween I made her a gift.

I made some fridge magnets for her, from some Halloween scrapbook paper.  They turned out so cute.  I want to make some Christmas ones, Thanksgiving ones, Valentines.....well, you get the idea...

Then I realized I was out of control! 

Imagine, that ever happening to me!

So, I decided to pick something else to make magnets out of.

I found this great idea from another blog.  (Yep, I've been surfing again...)



Aren't they cute?

So, if you want to make these, or get the directions to make some of your own idea, go to:

http://letbirdzfly.blogspot.com/2010/11/half-marble-map-magnets.html

You can get hooked on these...

When I made mine, I did not use Mod Podge.  I used a quick drying glue, one that dries clear.  It is one I use when I make books.  It is Tombo brand and it worked great.  I just put a little on the flat side of the glass and squiggled it around and then placed the cut out paper on the glue.  I pressed down firmly on the marble and you can watch the glue spread and disappear.

I love the idea of the maps for the magnets. 

So, go and have some fun and make some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.