Friday, November 19, 2010

The Favorite Artist has Good Thoughts

Recently, I shared with you some of the art work by Robert Duncan.

I told you about his calendars.

Well, there is more to tell.

Underneath each picture is a "thought".

For instance:  In his new calendar, for the month of February, he says this;

         " If you care about something you have to protect it -  If you're lucky enough to find a way of life you love,       you have to find the courage to live it."
                                                                      -John Irving

Another one of my favorites is:

          " The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man."

Each month is great.
Another is:

     "There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks.  Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story".   - Linda Hogan

So, as you pick out the calendar you will be using for the next year, I hope you make it one you love to look at, and hopefully it will uplift your spirit and give you joy.  

   "When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses".  - Dr. Joyce Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.