Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another Cookbook Must Have

If you know me at all you know I love to cook.

If you know me at all you know I collect cookbooks. (DH takes issue with this obsession)

If you know me at all you know I read The Pioneer Woman 3 days a week.

If you know me at all you know I have never won anything on her blog.

If you know me at all you know I enter every time she gives something away.

If you know me at all you know I am doing it again.


If you know Ree Drummond you know she has a new cookbook.


I love her first cookbook. 
Not just the recipes, but the everyday stories of her life on a ranch in Oklahoma.

She is a mother of 4 and is rich, and home schools her kids, and is rich.

She cooks and entertains, but is very down to earth, and is rich.

She built a lodge to cook in, and entertain in, because she is rich.


But she is real. 

She cooks.  Rich foods, with butter, all the time.

And she makes messes just like the rest of us,  even if we aren't rich.


I wonder if she has domestic help to clean up after her.

But she and I have some much in common.

We both have four kids and a Darling Husband.

We both cook and make messes.

We both have cast iron frying pans.

We both live in houses with stairs.

She likes Photography, too.

And we both can food.


We have a few differences in our lives, though.

She has red long hair.

She wears dark shades of nail polish.

Her kids wear chaps.

Her DH rides a horse everyday.

And she has published two cookbooks.


Once again, I am entering to win one.

If I don't win one, I will have to buy one!

Yep, I like PW.

She is real!


Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.