Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jackson Hole, Wyoming

This is a very famous place, for rich people, poor people, tourists, skiers, hunters, fishermen, etc.

There are lots of wild animals in this area.  Bears, elk, bison, and all that sort of stuff.

One of the most famous landmarks in Jackson Hole is:


Right in the middle of the town is a park. 
There are two entrances into the park.
It is a grassy, tree filled, bench available, place to rest, eat a lunch park.
Both of the entrances have an arch like this one.
It is an arch made out of elk antlers.
It has been there as long as I can remember.

Jackson Hole, Wyoming is where DH and I spent our honeymoon.
We stayed at the old Jackson Hole Cabins and Lodge.
We had a cabin.
It was rustic but clean, and I loved it!
They have torn it down now and put some modern motel there.
That makes me sad!

 
The town is quaint. 
Some places there are board walks, and other places there are sidewalks.
There are bars, sandwich shops, high end restaurants, and pizza parlors.

The best thing about Jackson in the winter is the skiing.
You can see the lift location, some of the runs, and left over snow nearly year round.
I have done some very fast skiing there.  I loved it.  Back when it was affordable.

Nearby there is an elf refuge. 
In the winter hundreds, maybe thousands of elk come down from the mountains and are fed by an organization.
They offer flat bed trailer rides, which are pulled by horses, to tourists to go out into the field and get up close with the elk.
They provide blankets and hot drinks while you are on this adventure.
I haven't done that, YET, but it is on my bucket list.


If you are ever in the area and want to see some elk, antlers and me, just give me a call.
We would love your company.

Love,
Me

PS.  It isn't far from West Yellowstone National Park.  We could have a wonderful time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.