Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15, 2010 Enjoying Arizona @ dusk

It was a beautiful Saturday in Arizona today.

Summer is just around the corner, but we took advantage of the low 90 degree temps today.

We saw and HEARD a Hawk. It screeched it's long lonely call to us. It was eerie, but cool.



With road construction on so many roads, we took a few minutes to tour the newly finished portion of Happy Valley Road. It was a lovely drive.



We pulled off the road onto a little desert dirt road, and took time to watch the sun going down.



We also took time to breath in the fragrances of the desert. Yes, allergies bothered me, and my nose began to run, but it was worth the few minutes to get out of the traffic, out of the neighborhoods, out of the congestion of people, and enjoy nature. The raw desert.




The cacti species is fascinating to me. When you look at the bottom of these majestic Cactus you might think they are dieing.... but look closely, the tops look fine.




The seem to be saying, "Don't worry about me,.... I'm alright"... and jumping for joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.