Saturday, November 5, 2011

Road Kill

Living near rural areas, and near the foothills, and by farms, and ranches and stuff like that, gives me the opportunity to see lots of wild things.

Quail, pheasant, deer, moose, grouse, squirrels, chipmunks, lizards, elk, bear, buffalo, and other things that are wild.  Skunks, stray cats and dogs, etc.  The list can be long.

And I even get to see.......................................



I hope you are leaning back away from your computer.  This could be a little scary but it isn't, because it is dead. You might have noticed that it is missing it's head and its rattle at the end of it's tail. And there is blood.

You might have noticed the tire marks where someone stopped very quickly.  I am sure they saw the snake, sunning its self on the warm asphalt and the driver hit the brakes to see it better. 

Then the driver cut off the head and the tail.  And left the scene of the accident!

Prior to the "accident" I would guess this snake to be about 3 feet long.  Which doesn't really matter because baby rattle snakes are just as poisonous as big ones....but if you like statistics, you would want to know the facts of this snake.

This snake is 2 miles from my house.  Out near the potato and corn fields.  Where I was!

Continue leaning back away from your computer, because I am going to show you a picture of the same kind of snake that still has it's head and tail.

*Cue Snake...


timber rattlesnake

I hate hate hate hate snakes.

I live in fear of them.

I watch for them when we go on walks.

I watch for them when we are camping.

I watch for them when we go on the ATV's.

I watch for them on the road.


I am very happy when I see blood, no head and no tail.

Thanks for being dead Mr. Snake.

Yikes..... I have the creepy crawlers now...

Good bye...

Love, Me

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.