Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gratitude

With Thanksgiving only a few hours away, my mind and heart are pondering the blessings in my life and the things I am grateful for.

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of all virtues, but the parent of all others." --Cicero

This quote is partially true.  I have been taught by prophets and apostles to know there are other virtues just as important.  I don't believe one is necessarily the parent of all.  However, it is very important.



A random list of a few things I am grateful for:

  • Freedom of religion
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ
  • My beloved and cherished Husband
  • My precious children
  • Our cherished, and longing to be with, grandchildren
  • Loving and supportive parents
  • Extended family of mine and the ones I married
  • Never knowing hunger
  • A warm comfortable home
  • Neighbors who are just like me
  • Friends, past and present
  • Modern technology
  • Small iPods, instead of big boom boxes
  • Cast iron
  • Gas range
  • A soft bed
  • A reliable car
  • Computers
  • Telephones
  • Employment
  • Clean sheets
  • Laundry soap
  • Sunshine and rain
  • Four seasons
Oh, I could go on forever.  I typed this list as fast as I could and I have hundreds of things in my head that I could share.


I hope you can take minute during this Thanksgiving holiday and count your blessings and make a list of things you are grateful for.  Share them with your loved ones as you eat your Thanksgiving dinner.





Happy Thanksgiving!  We are all blowing kisses to you!

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.