Thursday, September 29, 2011

Prolific Garden

My garden has brought me so much joy and work this year.


The banana squash has pushed through the fence and now rests in our yard.


And then there are the tomatoes.


They just keep coming and coming and getting ripe.
So I have bottled pizza sauce, salsa, stewed tomatoes and chili sauce.

I am not complaining.  In fact, it couldn't be more the opposite.
My dreams have been coming true every day for weeks and weeks.

I have pulled onions, radishes, beets and carrots.
I have pulled a few weeds, as well.  I don't care.  It gives my joy.

I have cut chard, spinach, and beet greens.

I am telling you, I am so happy.
This kind of work is pure fun!



 We have enjoyed fresh dill, basil, thyme, oregano and rosemary.

We have put the fresh dill in some of the fish we have grilled.
And we have used lots of it in the pickles we made from the cucumbers.

I love fresh herbs!!!


I am going to let you in on a big secret.  It is just between us though, okay?

Plant Marigolds!

Marigolds keep the bugs away.

I have not had a single worm in my tomatoes or a bite in a single leaf in my whole garden.  It is because the marigolds do the organic thing and keep all the bugs away.


For the first time in my life I am growing strawberries.  It is fun to see the blossom turn into a tiny little green hard berry, and watch it grow into a big bright red berry.

Then the berries find themselves on my cereal, in a smoothie, in jam, on ice cream, or, just picked and chewed up and swallowed!

Yep, I am in love with my garden.

Don't tell DH.

ps.  Again, I have no time to edit phots.  You get SOOC (straight out of camera shots).  Hope you don't mind, and can feel the love anyway!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.