Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Wish I Was A String Bean

Sometimes do you want to change places with some people?

I rarely feel like that.  I am happy with my life.  I love who I am, and where I am.
But, if I could be something else for just a little while, I do have a wish.....

I wish I could be a string bean.



A string bean has a perfect life.  And the reason is simple.  It is a string bean.

Everyone knows what it looks like, what it tastes like.
It can be fresh, frozen, canned or dried, and it is still a string bean.

It can be cut, sliced, pureed, steamed, grilled or boiled, and it is still a string bean.

No one has expectations for it to be different.  It is what it is. It always will be.

It grows with other sting beans. 
That means everyone looks almost alike.
There are a few differences, but everyone accepts how much alike they are.


Some might be longer, but it is still a string bean.
Some might be older, but it is still a string bean.
Some might short, but it is still a string bean.

No one says, "Oh, look at that awful string bean.  It would be so much better if it was a green pepper".



The string bean doesn't have to apologize for not being a green pepper, because it knows it is a string bean.  It will never be a green pepper, and it doesn't even want to be a green pepper.  It knows it's place in life.  It likes being just who it is.  It likes being a string bean.

Tomatoes don't care that the string bean isn't a tomato.  Tomatoes know that the world needs diversity and variety.  It is glad to know the string bean.  It doesn't want it to change into something it isn't.  It accepts the string bean for what and who it is.



The string bean doesn't have to say, "I am sorry for not being what you want me to be."  Because, it is a string bean and that is okay.

Yep, I wish I was a string bean.

I am the oldest of 5 children.  I am who I am.  I like who I am.
I am not you, and I don't want to be like you.
I like being me.
If I couldn't be me, I would be a string bean.

I am not sorry that I am not a green pepper.
I am not sorry that I am not a tomato.

I am sorry you don't like me the way I am.
But, I like me.

Yep, I like me just fine.  Even if I am not a string bean.

Love,
Me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.