Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Grateful Heart

This week has been busy with family and friends.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love helping them.  As, they help me.

I can not begin to count my many blessings: and they are thousands and thousands.....!

But, as Christmas approaches I find myself so relaxed and so thankful for my ability to accomplish all that needs done.  It is a blessing to me each night, as I get into bed, to reflex on the day and what I have experienced.  Each thing is small by itself, but when the day is totalled up, I am pleased with my life and all I am able to do.

I don't know how often I will be posting over the next several weeks.  I have a date on Dec. 29th that will keep me away from my computer for awhile. During that time I will be strengthening parts of my body and healing from a surgery.  But, I want each one of you who drop by my little corner of the blog world to know I will miss you.  I will miss sharing my thought with you.  I will miss your comments.  I will miss not seeing my little world through "blog eyes".

Over the past few days I have entertained my nieces and their children and husbands.  I have shared their lives and their trials.  I have grown ever more fond of them and their children.  Children make this world so much sweeter.  I love the big eyes, the curious questions, the sincere hugs, the smiles and spontaneous giggles.  Children brighten my life.  Any age of children, whether they are 38 or 5 months, I love them.

So, as Christmas is getting closer, I find my time spent doing more service, more pondering, more reflecting and giving thanks to my Savior for all my blessings.  On Sunday I will be speaking in Sacrament meeting and also teaching in Relief Society.  What a blessing this is for me.  I have studied and learned so much this past week, and continue to, as I prepare for Sunday and Christmas.  I am grateful for my challenges and blessings with each new day.

I hope each one of you can slow down your lives and reflect on your blessings and count all the special moments in each day.  Each trial, each experience, each blessing, and each moment is precious.  To be on this earth, in this time, and to love our earthly experience with those we love is a cherished moment to be savored.

From the bottom of my heart I wish each of you a Merry Christmas.  With the love of our Savior for us as the best gift we are given, may you share that love with others.  Be more patient, be more thoughtful, be more kind, be more forgiving, and be more loving.

As we embark on a new year, may each of us be more of who we want to be.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.....from my home to yours....from my heart to yours.......... xoxox.

1 comment:

  1. I miss your posts Mom. You are laying in a hospital bed, far far away from me and I wish so badly I could be there to sit next to you and help pass the time until you can go home and begin the long process of healing. You are brave to do this, and I am so proud of you! It will be so worth it. You need to be able to enjoy every bit of life - especially those events that require you to dance, rake, sweep, and crawl around with the 68 or 5 month old souls. I love you, and miss you so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.