Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Big Band



A couple of weeks ago I told you about going to the concert on "The Greenbelt" of the Snake River.
It rained that night and the concert had to be cancelled.
I was so sad.
I wanted my mom to hear the concert that night, really bad.
She wasn't there.
So when it was rained out I was glad she didn't miss it.
The Big Band was rescheduled and it was last week.



I can't even tell you how neat it was to sit in the shade of the large trees that line the river bank, and listen to the horns.  The trumpets, the trombone, the saxophones, and the drums.  It was so awesome.


The ages of the band members were a span of probably 50 or 60 years.  Some pretty old guys, and some really young fun guys.  There were a couple of girls even.  One older lady played the trumpet and she could really belt the sound out.  She did several solos and her trumpet had great sound. She was really good.


My sweet mother tapped her feet non stop.  She smiled.  She sang.  She clapped her hands.  She loved it.
She brought her little puppy Reggie with her, and Reggie layed on her lay and mom stroked her fur and Reggie just sat there, listened, and watched.


Reggie is a dang cute little Shitzu.  She snorts.  She sputters.  She hasn't got a nose and she is darling~!!



Even little Asher loved the music.  He stood up and rocked and danced and bounced and was a good sport hanging out with all the old people.  He is so dang cute.  I think he will come up missing on the day he is supposed to get on an airplane.  I don't think he wants to go back to the smog and traffic and congestion.  He wants to live in the fresh air of the Rocky Mountains.  He wants to see the snow fall.  He wants a White Christmas.  He wants to live near his grand mama and grand papa.  He does.  I just know it!!



And then there is this girl.  She loves music!  All kinds of music.  She has the most diverse play lists on her iPod.  She loves big bands sounds, too.  She even knows the words.  She sang the words along with her grandmother.  She is so much fun!  We have a ball when we go to the river concerts.


This girls loves music too.  She ends up on the front rows of every concert she attends, and this concert was no exception.  And she had a wonderful date with her. 

So if you find yourself in Idaho Falls, on your way to Jackson Hole Wyoming, or West Yellowstone National Park,  you can always hit a pillow at my house.  I would love to feed you some of my garden preserves to help you keep your girlish figure/manly figure.  We love company.  We love entertaining.

We love the Concerts on the Snake River......they are free......they are wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. I want to need to be there. Sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to hear about your bday party and see pics!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.