Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Peanut" has Aunts Who Rock!

Tyia is an "Aunt Who Rocks". She has worked so hard on giving Kattie a wonderful baby shower. She has planned, bought, made, wrote, mailed, cooked, crocheted, created, included, remembered, and is simply The Best!

I, on the other hand planned, found, suggested, thought about, borrowed, remembered, lost, remembered, crocheted, sewed, bought, sliced, and served. I am smart enough to pass on what I know so others will do it. That makes me The Smartest! Why do I have daughters.... but to teach, instruct, teach, praise, and watch them soar!

Tyia transformed our home in to a "party place".






Tyia made the Diaper Cake.


Tyia made the Red Velvet Cupcakes.
Kattie, Nikki and Madison helped decorate the serving tower... isn't it just the best!!!
The green sprigs are Rosemary from my yard.
Tyia made the crocheted monsters.



Look at that little monster. Just sitting there. Waiting to be chewed on by some teething little boy. They will be best friends. They (possibly) will both be monsters. (hee hee)

Tyia and Kattie blew up the balloons. Yes, Kattie had to help, and boy are we glad she was here to help. It made it so much more fun. She made us laugh. She showed her appreciation, and added her artistic flair.

And Tyia wrapped boxes for her gifts. No gift bags for this shower from Tyia.

She had a method for her madness... who doesn't love gift bags?



Tyia wrapped boxes for her gifts......... because...................
She wrapped this onesie three times. Yes, you got it right. Three times.
She gave a onesie that said "My Aunt Rocks" in a 3 month size, a 6 month size, and a 9 month size. So in case someone doesn't know which Aunt she is, she's the one "That Rocks".

Now I don't want anyone to think I have favorites... The other daughters: #1 don't live with me. #2 They have children of their own. #3 Have to drive 6 hours to be here. #4 Work full time. #5. Know Tyia will do everything just fine.
Each of my daughters have many talents as well.

Kattie hung the balloons.

Kattie bought the flowers.

Kattie was a gracious "mother to be".

What would I do without my Nikki? Nikki took all the photos. 211 photos.
Now you know why this shower is so well documented. Nikki takes orders from her mom very well. Very, Very Well.



Nikki bought the gifts Kattie had registered for.

Nikki brought my darling grand daughter.

Nikki brought her mother-in-law Jan, and I was so glad.

Nikki photographed each gift.
She has a method for her madness, too. How easy it will be for Kattie to write her "Thank You" cards. She will look at the photos, and know just what each person gave her. Each photo is history in preparing Kattie to be a mom. To realize the gracious, unselfish women who attended her shower and gave so freely. To share in her new adventure ahead. To help Kattie become a Mother. Each photo is special. Each gift is special.





Nikki helped make the food look good. Any food tastes better if it looks appealing.

Nikki made the water server look fabulous...that's hard, try it sometime! Crushed ice, sliced fresh Arizona lemons. Shinning silver..... it is hard work. Those bags of ice are heavy. :)




I am so blessed to have 3 spectacular daughters. Daughters who I would walk through fire for. Daughters who enhance me, who help me, who brighten my life, who I depend on, who I laugh with, who I cry with, who know me, and who "get me". Three daughters who love each other, support each other, and do anything for each other.

Oh, I have a son, too. He wasn't here for the shower. He is recovering from a broken elbow he got a few days ago while golfing. Now, that brother, he is another story for another time. He is testosterone.... and today I am talking about estrogen.
And then I have the most wonderful friends. Mothers of my friends. Daughters of my friends. "Sisters" who are my friends. Friends I have had for 26 years in Arizona. They are so influential in my life. They "talk the talk, and walk the walk". I am so blessed.




A few years ago I lost a very dear friend to cancer. I miss her. I miss her. I miss her. I want to ask her questions. I want to hear her laugh. I want to share my deepest secrets with. I miss her. I want to play with her. I want to learn from her. I miss her.

She shared her family with me. Forever, will I be grateful for that! Her mother, I cherish. Her daughters I adore. Her husband I worship and admire. Her sons entertain me. Her grandchildren make me laugh.

But, her mother. Her mother knits. She is amazing. She does needlepoint. She scrapbooks. She sends cards. Get well cards, thinking of you cards, Happy Birthday Cards. She sends cards. And she knits. She irons. She cooks, and she knits.



Kattie is very lucky to have a beautiful blanket knitted by Jane. She is very very lucky.


Kattie is lucky to associate with such wonderful women in her life, and in my life. Some attended the shower just for me, as they had never met Kattie. And they gave. They gave the cutest, sweetest, charmingest, the mostest (I am sure that is a word )...... from their hearts. They showed their love and friendship to me by just being there, and then they went the extra mile and showed the wonders of womanhood to Kattie.
Others have known Kattie all of her Arizona life. They love her. They support her. And she loves them.

Here are just A Few of the darling gifts Kattie got. Each is special.

I see "Peanut" in them.

I can't wait.

Thank you dear friends.










And all these wonderful friends played games.

We guessed how big the "mother to be" was around. Many came close.
This is what 41 7/8 inches looks like.

Yes, Kattie was a gracious Mother To Be.



We played Baby Bingo.

Each guest had a Bingo card. Each guest had to fill out the Bingo card with items they thought would be given as gifts. As the gifts were opened the guests crossed it off their Bingo Cards. The first one with a Bingo won.




Friends are priceless. They share their love, and their knowledge. These sweet friends also did one more thing for Kattie.

Kattie was given a book. This book was passed around during the shower. Each guest wrote words of advice and help for Kattie. Hints in mothering. Suggestions for success. Words of Wisdom.



Those words will help her, when I can not. When I am far away. When it is late at night, or wee hours of the morning. Kattie can turn the pages of that book, and know that others have been there too. Discouraged, tired, and sore. I hope Kattie realizes how blessed she is to share the knowledge, the experience, the wisdom of those who were here at her shower. That they love her.

And finally. My gifts for Kattie. My love for Kattie kept me busy for a few evenings. And I enjoyed each moment. Knowing I was doing this for "Peanut" made it all worth while. I hope you think of me when you wrap that precious little boy up. Know that his grandmother loves him very much. I ache to hold him. To smell him. To kiss him. To love him. To share my life with him.





I can hardly wait to see "Peanut" wrapped/swaddled in his blankets.
Or have the sun out of his eyes because his blankets are protecting him.
And, just for you Kattie, my dear, I hope these burp clothes come in handy, and save your clothes occasionally. Every mother does not have to have spit up on their shoulders. Or the father for that matter. Enjoy them. Use them. I know I loved making them for you and Peanut.

I loved doing this afghan for you. May you enjoy it as well. Use it.
When I am far away, and you need your mom, and I can't be there, wrap up in this. Feel my arms around you as the woven threads of this afghan snuggles you. Let it hold you, and give you warmth and comfort. There will be times when you will need to cry. To be alone. To wonder what in the heck have you gotten yourself into. All of those feelings are normal. You aren't alone in this adventure.
Remember how excited you were on this day. The day of your shower. The good food. The friends. The love. May it carry you through the rough days, and may it bring you reasons to smile....
Enjoy the afphgan..... (it could be a leaper bandage... now laugh about that one! And those who don't know the story... you missed out!)
Thank you Kattie, Tyia, Nikki and all of our friends for a wonderful day. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.