Saturday, April 17, 2010

Goin' to the dogs

Friday was a beautiful day. The sun was shining. It wasn't too hot. So I spent some "down" time in the back yard.




I noticed the yard needed some attention. I looked at all that work.. All the dog poop. All the burned areas in the grass from the toxic dog urine. Well, I tried to look on the bright side of things, and just enjoy the beautiful Arizona day.




I laid down on the grass... I gathered my little four footed friends around me and we bonded.






Zoey layed on her back next to me. I counted her teeth as she smiled and sighed with pure lazy contentment.





I smelled Zoeys feet.




I looked into Ivy's eyes.




I rubbed their little ears.





I smelled their breath.
They smelled mine.

I knew I should be pulling weeds, or picking lemons or grapefruit. The cool deck could be hosed off. The dead buds on the roses should be clipped... and the list never ends. It will be the same tomorrow, and the next week.




But for today. I layed on the grass with my four footed friends. I looked up to the sky and gave thanks for all my blessings..... even the blessing of work.





The end.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.