Thursday, January 28, 2010

160 BPM

I heard "Peanuts" heart beat.

I am many miles away. I am home. I am not with Kattie in the Dr.s office. I get a text. The text said "check your email". I checked my email. I heard 160 beats per minute. It is Peanuts heart beat.

For 15 years I listened to that sound in other women's tummy's. I was thrilled for those women. I was amazed at the miracle of life. Every single tummy held a new baby, growing, developing, and dividing cells, and maturing, and becoming a human body, fully developed. It was always amazing. I never tired of hearting that quick pounding, that regular beating......

This time, the heart beat was "my Peanut". Mine.

My heart suddenly was the one growing, developing, dividing, maturing and becoming larger than I thought possible. My heart grew. It now holds more love, nurturing, understanding, and suspense.

Through the miracle of iPhone, and email, what sounds were heard in California only moments sooner, were suddenly available to me in my home. My ears got to hear. My heart got to jump with joy. My Peanut is growing and I got to hear!

I am going to be a grandma.....again.....for the first time........and I am glad!

1 comment:

  1. That is one of my favorite sounds in the world. How fun that you got to hear it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.