Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Creative spurt~ahhhhh

The latest issue of Somerset Sew contained some "nesting boxes".
They were an inspiration to me.
So (sew) I made my own, using some wonderful upolstery fabric I have hoarded.
And I have a never ending supply of ribbon, thread, yarn and whatever I haven't packed.
There are 3 boxes, and this is a view of the three of them "undone".
Each box has different fabrics and design.
It is just what I did, with no rhyme or reason.

Look closely for tatted butterflys.
Nikki is mastering this "tatting" skill.
And so she supplied me with some fluttery winged creatures.
There is no end to what each piece can look like.
With a pile of epherma the possiblities are endless.
Ribbon and pockets, charms, and flowers and some embroidered stems
keep the various palettes.

Some, seldom used decorative stitches on my sewing machine were fun to
experiment with. Look closely.
I stamped the butterflys and stitched the outside edges.
They were fun to make,
now what to do with them?

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.