Friday, July 17, 2009

Craft mood strikes again

While in Idaho my mom and sister in law Sheri taught us how to make beaded watches. Here are a few photos of mine.Of course a girls wardrobe is not complete without pink

A black and white "Bling" watch. The face is surrounded by rhinestones, too.
Black and white whimsical watch.

Yesterday I found a package of quilt squares that I had purchased at the Desert Industries years ago. It only took a couple of hours to lay out a pattern, in which I had almost enough of every square and get it sewed together. I am stiff in the back of my legs today from all the bending and placing of the quilt squares. I am going to back it with denim. A great switch from the typical levi quilts I usually make.


When we stayed with our friends Connie and Norman last April, they shared what a "Potato Baking Bag" was. Connie gave me one, and the directions to make them.
So, I purchased the fabric, batting and thread weeks ago. And got 5 made yesterday. They work great to bake a potato in the microwave, and the potato stays moist and fluffy just as if it had been baked in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.