Monday, January 30, 2012

We Have A Bunny

I have two dogs.  Two dogs who spend the largest part of a day looking out the front window or sleeping.

If these two dogs see something outside they let us know.  THEY BARK.  loudly!

They are great watch dogs.  But if the trespasser comes inside they will be licked to death.
These dogs can be useless for protection. 
The trespasser will be deaf in no time, but they can still rob us!

But, on a recent day, they were sleeping and missed a great opportunity to bark, loudly.

Their daddy saw something and the dogs missed it.


Right out our front door there was a furry little visitor.

We have an asphalt driveway that runs in front of our house, which leads to the 4 extra garages.  That is a story for another time.  I want to tell you about the fence which separates our property/park/driveway/etc from a farmers field.

The bunny came out of the field.  I have never seen a bunny out there before.

I have seen lots of other critters, ducks, geese, pheasants, quail, dogs, cats, cars, school kids, grubby teenagers, etc.  But never a bunny.


The furry little thing just sat there.  I stood at my front door and took his picture.  He didn't seem to mind a bit.


He nibbled at the dry weeds.  I am sure he was dreaming of a field of flowers and wishing that smokers butt wasn't there.  In fact, I wishing that smokers butt wasn't there.


There!

That's better!

So, cheers to you little bunny.  Winter won't stay forever.  We will have flowers before you know it.  So, until then, continue on in safety eating a winters feast of dried weeds and whatever I can smuggle to you.

Come back soon.

You brightened my day.

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.