Monday, November 17, 2008

Sweet Goodbyes

We are experiencing a heart ache upon a heart ache. It seems the harder I try to do what is right, the harder life becomes.

I have a wonderful friend who lives in South Jordan who is fighting breast cancer. She just finished her 5th week of chemo. 2 weeks ago we had the funeral of one of my past bishops, with the fight against cancer. Bishop Black was the bishop who sent Oliver on his mission. My niece's brother in law is going through the anguish of cancer. It seems every which way we look there is some kind of disease inflicted on families. Some of those infirmities we bring on ourselves, and others we have no control over. But the cancer cells seems to be a common one we each have had a personal experience with.

Cystic Fibrosis is one which, thankfully, doesn't touch every family. Chrones Disease is not common in all families. But they are two diseases which our family deals with each day. Although we might not see it on a daily basis, it never goes away. It lingers in the shadows of our lives. We plan reunions, and menus and even trips to go eat Mexican food around these diseases.

Tyia has a way of putting into words my feelings as well as hers. She has the ability to say what I find hard to identify as what I feel.

I would like to refer you to " tyiahuntsman.blogspot.com "and read one of the most heartfelt blogs I have read in a very long time.
As we pay tribute to our dear Becky, who lost her fight with Cystic Fibrosis (also known as "65 roses") we think of her brother who went before her, with the same disease. We think of the fabulous music her brother David plays on the piano. He is a concert pianist, and is sought after all over the west. He has sponsored a benefit concert entitled "65 Roses" for many years. A local florist, who is aware of the dedication this family has to research on this terrible disease, always donates 65 long stem roses which are placed across the stage for David's concert. It is a sight to behold.
As we remember the loving heart of Becky, her siblings and her parents Garth and Rochelle, I can only feel peace, knowing they will all be together one day.
Becky, thanks for your example. We will miss your earthly body being with us when we go for Mexican food at your favorite restaurant, but know you will be there in spirit! We love you... till we meet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.