Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I fell I prayed

I got to take a ride in an ambulance last week. On Monday I was at work, in front of the computer, and stood with my right foot caught in a computer cord, and went down onto the cement floor on my new knee. I was paralyzed with fear and pain. But cute firemen came, and darling ambulance guys, so it made my ride more bearable.

4 X-rays and an afternoon in the ER, I left with a brace on my knee, and a couple of prescriptions.

I spent the next couple of days with ice on my knee and elevated. I was too sore to even try to do some therapy.... and it was swollen. I just couldn't help but wonder if the "old girl" was up to going through recovery again. I can tell you, I am not!

Prayer is the most powerful medicine there is. I had a good talk to my Father in Heaven. Although I know He is aware of me, I had to spell each thought I had been having out to Him. I had worked hard, very hard, very very hard, to get back my motion, and not limp. I had struggled with depression, inadequacies and so many negative feelings over the last 6 months. I promised Him I would do what ever I needed to do with a smile. But I had to plead that my knee not be damaged by the fall.

In the ER I was told the bones were damaged but the Hardware looked great, and I have a piece of bone chipped off floating around in there. So, I asked to be healed. Simple Faith.

I had the rest of the week off, but was able to have company for the weekend, and a 2 day garage sale, and not be bothered much with an ailing knee.

Yes, our prayers are heard! And answered! We just have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
happy, in love, getting closer to retirement, love my family, love my Savior.